Friday, October 10, 2008

Mackie's First Haircut



When I finally get ready and prepared to cut one of our children's hair, it is usually a momentous occasion. I have my camera ready and I take a lock of their hair to keep. I usually shed some tears and Jim usually makes off-the-wall comments. This time......Mackie's first haircut was nothing I wanted to remember. It was done while I was at work by her sister, Jordan. Jim called me and told me what had happened. I expected the worst and that is pretty much what I saw. Jordan had taken a side section of her hair and whacked it off. She also took 2 sections on top and cut them less than a half of and inch from her scalp. She looks like the lead singer of "A Flock of Seagulls".
I was so devastated and I know, "It is just hair", but there is just something about it that is so hard to explain. I guess it is somewhat because Mackenzie didn't start growing hair until she was 2, and then she had ringlets of very fine hair. I have been pulling her hair up on the sides and it seems unnoticeable to most. However, I just frustratingly wonder.......how long until it grows back?

No comments: